Wednesday, February 27, 2008

life gets in the way....

Well, I was a little bummed out. I really wanted to play at this challenge! I had my layout all ready but then, life got in the way. My friend had a stay in the hospital and I had her two kids over night and miss Jeanette ran out of gas so i drove down QE2 to find her with my little gerry can. Needless to say by the time I was done baths, lunches and cleaning up supper, I ran out of time. Do go and check out her links for inspiration. I did my lift it up challenge on her Inspire...moment layout.
when I posted the pic, I noticed my little journal tag had fallen! darn! So under it is says 10k and the journal tag is hidden and has my why's for running my first marathon ever.


The second photo is of my calender. Is anyone else finding it hard to take a photo everyday!????
I tend to want to take pictures of people rather than inanimate things but since Vaughn is home everyday there is always more of him. I have taken photos of each of the kids at least once per month so Ic an see how they changed over the year but I am a little behind in February...missed a few days.
And to change the subject kudos to scrap diva for winning the OLW challenge and to you for getting in the slide show!
I think my surprize may be here by Friday so check back for photos. Linda- I am putting a cj in the mail for you and Chanel, I have mine ready to go in the mail for this new one. Did ya get my butterfly yet:(?

Last but not least, here is this weeks quote for 52 weeks:
to love oneself is the beginning of a life long romance. Oscar wilde

This quote is speaking to me because lately I realized how I am always putting others before myself and sometimes sacrificing what I need to do for me in order to be the best I can be. So I am banishing those thoughts of "selfishness" feeling and taking a bit of time each day for myself to work out and get my running in because I will be all around happier and relaxed. SO girls, if you need to drop the hammer and carve out even 5 minutes a day for you- do it!

7 comments:

Linda said...

Love the lo, love that quote, one of my favs.

Renee said...

I'm always so glad to see when you've updated...cuz we sooo don't talk enough!!!

Great quote...I need to get you some I know...I'm a slacker...I have a nice long one for ya somewheres...only 11 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just thought I'd throw that one in there...miss you and Jnut lots! Hugs!

Jude said...

Aw, hate you missed the challenge from Karla. :( And yes, I find I take pics of people so most of my 365 will be people pics... :)

Scrapbook With Vanilla said...

Hey! Love the lift of my LO!!! Btw, Karla extended the deadling till the 5th!! So you have until Monday!! :) Great LO!!! Love it

chanel said...

hi luv .... sorry i haven't visited for a bit, life has been getting in my way too ... how inconvenient! lol!
i can't wait to see your cj when it gets here ....
i am emailing your friend now .... i am a bit behind with everything!
hope you are having a great week
luv chanel

chanel said...

p.s. i am going to send you my quote ....
i am a bad bloggin friend! :-(

Kimberly White said...

Happy Birthday Tannis! And I love that quote! Have a great day! Kim
PS. Someday soon I'd love a scrappy date!