Thursday, June 26, 2008

boo to rain!

okay, i am all for a bit of rain to green things up and all...but holy crap! I am seriously considering building an ark with the left over wood from my deck!Anyone with me on that? Or there is my other personal favorite, the few hours of sun we have got is of course during the hours while i am at work. Fifteen minutes before my shift is over, the wrath of God shows up and it starts to cloud over, then is full on downpour by the time I am leaving to go home!

so this was my daughter the night grandpa took her out. I didn't scan the photo of the two of them yet, the photographer did some weird lighting thing and it needs some photo shop!

love this smile! and yes, he did manage to survive until his sixth birthday. He was not too sure when I brought out his new bike if it was really his! I captured this picture because he was hesitant to go get on it.

of course, no post would be complete without a cool pic by aunt Jeanette. She snapped this one of Ireland and it totally cracked me up! We are using these overlays for her birthday party. SHe is having a fashion show. The girls are coming and bedazzling and fabric painting their own shirts, then we are acessorizing and doing a REAL show. Should be pretty cute!
And last...the bad news. I was in training and the hospital called and said that they have me booked for surgery friday the fourth of july.what????
Okay, thanks for fitting me in a year later but hello! I have a job and taking 6 weeks off doesn't go over well when you have only been there six weeks! So now I have been the schizophrenic psycho trying to finish my yard in four days and get a months worth of work done at my group home before i leave.
No craven saskatchewan, no white water rafting and sadly no blog retreat in Denver! boo!I think Andreanne ( my exchange student) is feeling totally shafted! I will be in the hospital a couple days then for about a week bed rest and after that moving pretty slowly. So much for summer.
I am reading the book the secret so I am thinking happy thoughts and hopefully it will attract some good vibes my way. I rototilled my yard for three hours today, tomorrow it will be landscape raking, leveling rolling and prepping for sod, wednesday is sodding and thursday to finish my easy rock. Wish me luck folks. Oh, and if anyone totally gets a happy high from yard work, please do come over. I will have some yummy cold drinks in the cooler and good eats for the barbeque.
I am totally going to be the whore of blogland come saturday ha ha! So I will be posting to sis tv all my dusty layouts that want to shine, visiting everyones blogs and looking at every scrap project. Can't wait to join back to my old life of stay at home mommy!

4 comments:

Renee said...

Well girl...I'm exhausted..from reading all the goings on in your post that is...wowzers! I hope the surgery goes well..and know that I will be stopping by with your straightener and a good visit on my way back from Calgary...HUGS girl!

Jerry & Dee said...

Well it is about time that RD hospital got it's sh** together, a person could die before they book you in.lol Glad to here you are finially getting this done. After doing all that work you will need some time off. Hey give your brother Ian a call if he is around maybe he will come give you a hand! It will be nice to read whats happening back home in RD and how everyone is doing. I sure miss you posting more than once a month.LOL And before you say anything yes l need to up date my blog too, and yes l will soon there is alot to tell. So check on it soon. Well give those kids all a big hug from me and tell them l miss them all. Take care the wishing you well on friday,will be thinking of you!

Jude said...

Man Tannis, that is some short notice for the surgery. The best part is I was going, huh? wha dr. schedules surgery for the 4th of July, but then I guess that is an American Holiday!! LOL. Hope all goes well, and try and relax!

Kimberly White said...

Hey, I was thinking about you today ... hope you are doing well! And ha ha about the protien bar penance! Have a great day ... and hope you are recovering well!
Kim